Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheap chainsaw failure with pics!

Post Thanks / Like

cheap chainsaw failure with pics!

Well I found the cause of the engine seizure. It appears one of the plain bearings on the gudgeon pin failed, now this usually only happens in 2 strokes when the oil/fuel mix is not correct. The manufacturer supplies a graduated mixing bottle, with a line for fuel to fill to, then a line for the amount of oil to add. So I know definately that it was not incorrect fuel/oil ratio that caused this, I suspect it was just a dodgy bearing. The million dollar question is does the aussie dealer stock spares for this chinese rubbish?

The pictures show the gudgeon pin with missing bearing, another view showing what was left of the bearing, and some metal pieces in the piston bore

PICS resized cause bantys a whinging bitch
    Last edited by JD; 18-07-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    GO PIES 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Trophies

Re: cheap chainsaw failure with pics!

see I TOLD YOU SO, sorry had to rub that in JD, FMD that saw looks 20 years old love the lnbf sitting beside it

Any Questions - please ask - NEVER ASSUME!!!

Post Thanks / Like

why's the top 2 pics blurry were you crying JD

The Brave may not live Forever, but the cautious may not live at all...
    Sex is not the answer.Sex is the question, YES is the answer........
    Annihilation is the only key!

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon JD's like the Frank Spencer of Sats

Post Thanks / Like

I think you might be real close to the mark weirdo

The Brave may not live Forever, but the cautious may not live at all...
    Sex is not the answer.Sex is the question, YES is the answer........
    Annihilation is the only key!

Post Thanks / Like
    Trophies

hmmmmmm shellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly my chainsaw had a woooopsy

Any Questions - please ask - NEVER ASSUME!!!

Post Thanks / Like

well after 2 hours downloading those huuuge picture files its looking like you might have to make something up to fit...
    "The million dollar question is does the aussie dealer stock spares for this chinese rubbish?"
    answer 'no' , they are probably considered a throw away item, but its worth a try to see if he did bring in some parts or has a wrecked saw you could rat bits from.
    next is ebay and see if anyone has something for sale.
    next its off to the workbench and make up something out of whatever metal you have laying about that can be shaped up
    have fun
    Member : Sats-General Dog Squad. If its Radioactive the Dogs will sniff it out

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't you just buy that JD????

Anyway, regardless of Pre-mix Fuel-oil ratio, if it runs lean, it will seize.... and thats any engine (as i'm sure you all know)

What governs the Air/Fuel ratio on that Gook Motor Axe?
    Still, it looks like a bearing fail, as there is no sign of excessive heat.

Just cheap alloy/plastic.

BUY CHEAP/BUY TWICE!

Pull that piston and conrod out and slam that LNB in there.... couldn't run any worse ;)

Post Thanks / Like

they sent me a parts list, well sort of, its just images of parts avaialable, no parts break down, no parts list, no exploded view, and to quote them:

Some parts listed for reference purposes only and may not be stocked

Most parts are layed out in a logical order - a bearing pictured near the clutch will be the clutch bearing,
    whereas a bearing pictured near the piston will be will be the top end bearing for example.

the part that failed is either side of the roller bearing part no 165 (only one failed) so im assuming its 164

getting info out of them is like trying to get a root out of a nun, hard, but not impossible, and comes like a nun, in dribs and drabs
    GO PIES 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Trophies

Not sure of the situation with the chonka chainsaw, but if they fuckup like this in the first year, then take it back and... grab another one ! :)
    I did this with a piss weak VCR I bought from NAPF. I would use it and sure as clockwork it would fuck up within a month. I'd take it back, "Sure, I'd just exchange it for a new one... it was a good unit while it worked, it's probably just a one off dud."
    Every month I would take the crapped out one back and get another new VCR. It was a bit of a pain, but I was on a roll and I was hoping to go through 12 of them before the end of the year. But I think they must have had a shit batch and when I tried to exchange it for the fifth time, they just said... we don't stock this line anymore. "Oh? (dang) I'll just get a refund, thanks !"

---

I got me the cheap arse Hung Ching Chainsaw from Bunnings a couple of weeks ago. I needed a saw quick and just didn't have the money for a better one. So $130 and I figured it would break by the time I'd saved enough money for a real chainsaw.
    At first it was ok, but then it was struggling. After reading the manual and it says, "you no adjust this setting", I said to myself.... Self, them chinkas are fuckin' witcha ! Take their tight arse supplied screwdriver and tune that puppy for some betta pa-for-munce !
    Before it was struggling to cut balsawood, last week I put the bugger to ironbark .... oh yeah... who's ya daddy.... you cut that fucker !!!
    It was screaming and I was determined to fell that tree or strip the blades from the chain !
    The little bugger has just kept on going. I have to tighten the chain every couple of sessions, but other than that, it runs on the smell of an oily rag.
    It chews up the chain oil quicker than it burns petrol... I haven't quite worked out what determines the amount of oil fed, but I figure it's using too much.
    The blades are still sharp and no amount of punishment seems to dull them (yet). I think I'll have a go at cutting up some granite blocks with it... see if I can get it to break. :)
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

www.users.bigpond.net.au/trash